Cats have lived with humans for more than 10,000 years but we still don’t know everything about them because they are really mysterious creatures. However, there are ways to outwit even the most cunning of them. A Twitter user shared some of her tricks and she described some interesting facts about cats’ behavior.
Bright Side would like you to know more about your cat with the help of this article and meet the pet of the author of the thread. At the end of the article, you’ll find an amazing story.
How to keep a cat happy:
- Female cats like vertical scratching pads while male cats prefer horizontal ones. Probably some psychologists can explain that but I have no idea why it is like that.
- It’s really hard to infect highbred kittens. I had a situation at one exhibition. One madam brought a cat with a distemper virus. Even though all 4 of my kittens sat on the same judging tables as the infected animal, none of them even sneezed. That’s what I call a strong immune system!
- If your cat doesn’t like brushing, there is a high probability that it doesn’t like the tools you use rather than the process. Some cats are even afraid of mittens.
- Every time you pick your cat up by its forepaws you risk breaking its collarbone. The risk is higher if your cat is rather heavy — say 12-16 lb.
- Cats’ hierarchy is very simple. The one who is placed higher is in charge. That’s why if you place your cat’s house above your bed, you make your cat in charge of you.